Monday, June 6, 2011

It's my party and I'll cry if I want to


baby Einstein in the making

Last weekend was Memorial Day weekend and mommy and I went to go see all of her old co-workers (Michelle, Tami, Sherrice, and Ann) at Ann's parent's ranch outside of Carlos.  Tami's little girl's middle name is Tate like me and you'll never guess what her nickname is...that's right it's tater tot!!!  It was really windy but beautiful-they own over 150 acres.  Daddy was out of town for the week, so the 2 of us ventured that way.  Everyone adored me and I got to watch the big kids play in the pool there, half wishing I could get in, but I really don't like baths so I'm not sure how much I will like the pool.  Sorry Anaiah, maybe you'll have to show me how to splash and swim!!!  My cousin Anaiah's mommy (Whitney) was on the Aggie swim team and Anaiah LOVES the water already!  I wonder where she gets that from ;)  
Tuesday was my 4 month birthday (see I'm catching up to my older girlfriend!) and I celebrated with a cranky day at daycare.  You know the song, "It's my party and I'll cry if I want to"...well, I took it to heart and made sure everyone knew it was my special day.  Everyone has days like that, right?!?!  Tuesday was also the first day of summer school for mommy's students and she was super busy at work.  She teaches a class in the summer for incoming freshmen and also meets with her regular students.   The basketball team also has a new coach, so things have been very different but good so far.  My cousin Taylor was in town as well so that he could talk with a professor and take care of some school stuff before he goes to Germany with his high school choir.  Taylor adores me, which I absolutely love, so we had a great time together.  He left on Thursday morning headed back to Bentonville, which made both of us sad.  The next time he sees me, I will be crawling. 

my jumper that my Aunt Jaylene got me :)

On Wednesday, we ate dinner with grandma and grandpa and then came back to the house where Taylor and grandpa were put on babysitting duty while mommy and grandma went to the store :) I decided to make things interesting when Taylor was feeding to by becoming really gassy and fooling everyone into thinking I had a dirty diaper.  Well, grandpa and Taylor thought that they would just wait until mommy came back and claim that they "had no time" to change my diaper.  Mommy and grandma thought that they should take care of it, so grandpa was told by grandma that it was his turn.  He was really dreading it, but I surprised everyone with just a wet one (mommy and grandma were really pulling for that dirty diaper though).  Taylor took pictures of grandpa changing me because apparently he doesn't do that sort of thing; he seemed like a pro to me though.  Logan and Aunt Dani also came in on Thursday and Friday for Logan's new student conference.  Like I said, it was a crazy week that left us all exhausted!
Daddy came back on Thursday night and put in his 2 weeks notice at BJ Services.  He is starting a new venture with papa's company and a chemical company that is based in Midland.  The company is called Elite chemicals and we are all really excited that he will be able to be home more often. 
In other news, I have started talking a lot and giggling; I can almost sit up on my own too.  My feet also keep growing and growing.  The 6 month sleepers are almost too small for my huge piggies!  I guess it makes sense though because the women's basketball team used to rub my mommy's tummy and tell me all the time I was gonna be a 6'1 guard.  Well girls, I'm well on my way!!! 










Until we meet the next time,
The tot




No comments:

Post a Comment