Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Down with the old man, up with the new, Part 1


all the godparents together
Wow, it was a crazy weekend!!!  Everyone ventured to Junction, TX for a very special day-my baptism.  You might of heard of Junction from the lore of the Junction boys (for those of you who are Aggies) or if you're a hunter, you might know of it as good hunting grounds in the fall.  Anyways, we arrived in Junction at Issak's cafe to eat with all the family-Aunt Dani, Aunt Kathy, grandma, grandpa, nana, papa, Sarah, Dudley, Aunt Kelli and her family, and Aunt Kara and her family.  Am I leaving anyone out?  It was the first time that all the cousins on my mom's side were together.  Needless to say I was spoiled rotten because everyone wanted to hold me...which is just the way I like it :)  I think everyone at the restaurant was glad to see us go because we were definitely lively.  After dinner, many of us went back to grandma and grandpa's house to visit with everyone.  A few decided to go deer hunting...yes, I know it's not the season for it, but they hunted with spotlights, um I mean flashlights (no deer were harmed during this outing).  They walked all over Junction shining their flashlights trying to look for eyeballs.  It's funny that when you're looking for deer, they can't be found anywhere, but when you want them to go away, you have like 20 standing in your front yard having a convention. 



Linda Gilley-daddy's godmother

daddy and me :)
  

prayer time

the water


the Picketts

Aunt Kelli, Uncle Andrew, Jackson, and Lincoln


church members

me, very upset from the water!






Dudley and me



Grandma and Grandpa

Aunt Kara and my cousins, Kinsey and Kyler

one special lady-Miss H

Aunt Susan and Uncle Terry-mommy's godparents

peace be with you

Nana, Papa, and me

peace

Craig and Michelle

the official photographer


happy little family :)


Godfather-Patrick

Godparents-Craig and Michelle

Saturday was the big day and the house was bustling with activity.  The service was at 2pm, but we arrived early at the church to see everyone and get a good seat (my idea of a good seat was at the back away from the water, but my parents had other ideas).  There were about 40 people there for the service, and on Sunday during church there were only about 26 people...I was a very popular little boy!  My Godparents (Patrick Dudley, and Michelle and Craig) were all there as well as lots of family, friends and church members.  Miss H, both mommy and daddy's godparents, and even Sarah (who is the photographer of these wonderful pictures) were there to celebrate.  I don't remember anything except for the fact that I was sleeping peacefully until the priest grabbed me and poured water on my head, not once, not twice, but 3 times!  I was definitely not ok with that and let everyone know it.  He then tried to kiss me to make me feel better...yeah right, the only thing I wanted was out of his arms and away from that water!  The only thing that saved him was that he is an Aggie and talks about it a lot. Whoop, um AAAA, um what privileges do babies actually have as far as that is concerned anyways...any ideas?!?!? 


Stay tuned for the party!

The tot

PS-It is my Papa's birthday today, so happy birthday Papa!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment