Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Shots, I hate shots!!!

Monday, I still wasn't feeling well so mommy stayed home with me and took me to the doctor for my 4 month checkup.  Dr Blount thought I was extremely cute and she told me how much she loved me :)  I have her exactly where I want her...maybe she won't give me any shots ;)  I smiled and talked to her trying to butter her up good.  One thing I have learned, don't make the doctors mad because they hold all the power in my world.  The only other person that you don't mess with is Grandma because she has the power to switch those doctors!  I am 14 lbs 11 oz and 25 in long, which puts me in the 40th and 36th percentile.  Not too bad considering.  After the doctor, I went home most of the day and fussed because I just felt lousy.  I heard mommy talking to dad and she said that I have to go in and get my shots tomorrow...anyone have any good suggestions on how to make it look like I have a fever?!?!?  I HATE shots!

Well, today is the day.  Daddy took me in this afternoon for my 4 month shots.  I was minding my own business and sleeping peacefully, see picture above, trying to look as cute as possible in hopes that daddy would cave and run out of the doctor's office with me in tow telling me that he will never make me have shots again, but to no avail.  The next thing I know is that my slumber is interrupted and I'm being stuck with 3 needles and given some medicine to drink (don't they think I take a lot of medicine already...shouldn't that count for something?!?).  When I felt the pricks, I started quivering my lower lip and then from there I let loose and told the whole doctor's office about my mistreatment.  It took 10 full minutes for daddy to calm me down enough to put me back in my car seat.  He is going to owe me one amazing bottle and a nap on the daddy "pillow" for this one. 

Until next time,

The tot

No comments:

Post a Comment