Tuesday, June 7, 2011

John Deere Green, on a hot summer night...

Papa's tractor

trying to drive a John Deere
Nana and Papa came in this weekend for Snookfest, my first tractor show ever!  It's about time that I got to see tractors that actually work, unlike the one in our garage and the multitudes at Snook awaiting restoration.  Papa entered his tractor in the show and daddy got to drive it in the parade through the thriving metropolis of Snook (maybe I exaggerate just a bit :)).  When we got there, it was already past 90 degrees and it wasn't even noon yet.  Needless to say, it was very HOT!  I met all the tractor folks and wondered why there were all these other tractors painted in blue and red because I have always been told that green is the ONLY tractor.  I mean my daddy's favorite shirt says: Friends don't let friends drive red tractors.  I got to look at all these "other" tractors first and then made my way to the John Deere's (one of which was Papa's) and tried my hardest to drive one of them. It just didn't go anywhere for some reason, so I'll just have to wait until my legs get a little longer that way I can reach the pedals.  For right now, I'll have to stick to the pedal tractor instead.  After the tractors, I went to the petting zoo and saw new baby chicks, ducks, bunnies, and puppies.  The ducks were funny because they had them in a little water trough with a ramp on it that led to some food with a slide on the other side.  The interesting part was that they put the food just far enough away that every time the ducks stretched their beaks out to grab some grub, they would lean too far and slide down the slide instead of getting a few bites.  They would do this over and over but never get any food!

me and Papa

the fam!

After lunch, Nana, mommy, and I headed back to the house so that she could get ready for Whitney Boyd's wedding (mom's first intern at the athletic department).  Mom decided that she would not be taking me along this time due to my less than stellar performance last time.  Can't a kid get a break...  Anyway, the bride was beautiful as well as the wedding and reception and everyone had a good time.  I also had a good time hanging out with Nana helping her plan her landscape design for the front of her house.  On Sunday, we had an early breakfast and then Nana and Papa headed out of town.  That afternoon, Grandma and Grandpa came back into town to watch the Aggies play (unfortunately they lost), then they came over to see me.  Sunday was a really rough day because my reflux was really acting up and I couldn't keep any of my bottle down.  I hit daddy, mommy, Grandma, the couch, the floor, and probably would've hit the cats had I been able to reach them! 

Whitney and Shane-the newlyweds















Until next time,



The tot

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the sweet comments! We're so glad you made it, sounds like a busy day. Stay happy Tate!

    ReplyDelete